Brevort Township Mission Statement
The Brevort Township Board of Trustees works to protect the township’s natural resources and taxpayer property values; strives to improve township infrastructure for resident safety; develops services to enhance the community’s quality of life; and manages the township’s finances to minimize taxpayer burden.
The Brevort Township Cemetery is located at the North end of Brevort Lake Road. The cemetery is located in a quiet inlet surrounded by the townships natural beauty. Please call Heather Bird, Clerk at (906) 643-6773 to request more information.
The Brevort Township Fire Department was established in 1958 in the Village of Moran by Supervisor Louis “Pops” Litzner, and Clerk Harry Pechta. They purchased a used 1947 Chevrolet Fire Truck and appointed Harold Peterson as Chief.
Today the new fire hall is located at 1941 Church Road was built in 2007 with Supervisor Edward Serwack and Clerk Susan Stelzer. It houses 3 Engines, including the 1947 Chevrolet that is used for special occasions, 1 Tanker and a Brush Truck. It has 14 Members with Mark Peterson as Chief.
The Brevort Township Community Center is available for rent by Brevort Township Residents. The space hosts a kitchen area with sink, economy size coffee pot, refrigerator, and a warming oven. The facility comfortably seats 42 attendees. The cost to rent the community center is a refundable $50.00 fee. Persons wishing to rent the community center should contact Heather Bird, Clerk at (906) 643-6773.
Public Access / Recreation
Many visitors to Brevort Township enjoy the natural amenities of the area. Within the community you will find a public boat launch with parking, public beach access, the Susan Stelzer Memorial Playground, as well several ATV/ORV and Snowmobile trails.
The DNR Public Boat Access site is available at the south end of Dukes Road where it meets Brevort Lake. There are two concrete ramps with a loading dock inbetween. The area also offers ample parking and vault toilets.
Public beach access to Brevort Lake is available at the end of South Dukes Road at the intersection of Dukes Road and Knowles Road. The beach access also offers a picnic table and sandy beach to enjoy.
The Susan Stelzer Memorial Playground offers updated play equipment for all ages including a rock climbing wall, toddler climbers, and circuit as well as a basketball court. Public bathrooms and a covered pavilion with picnic tables and outdoor grilles are easily accessible at the playground as well.
- 1970 Population: 476
- 1980 Population: 451
- 1990 Population: 484
- 2000 Population: 649
- 2010 Population: 594
The following is information provided by Census 2010: